The Centre for African Cultural Excellence is looking for individuals that are enthusiastic about contemporary African Literature and the Arts generally to help in the running of the 4th Writivism Festival.
The #Writivism2016 festival schedule includes events as the Readers Choice awards; staged readings by Long Story Short; a film screening; book launches and readings; a photo exhibition; autograph sessions; panel discussions, school visits, workshops for literary and cultural entrepreneurs, teenagers and children; prize awards ceremonies and the staging of Joshua Mmali’s The Betrothal among other activities.
The volunteers we are looking for will be assigned one or more of the following tasks in the production of events, speaker and guest welfare, and social media management among others:
- Tweeting and posting updates on Facebook on festival official accounts
- Handing out festival flyers at events in Kampala in July and August
- Pinning festival posters and hanging banners in key locations
- Directly answering queries from the public about the festival
- Circulating and collecting festival evaluation questionnaires
- Handling refreshments and bites at the award ceremonies
- Welcoming festival speakers, guests and attendees
- Holding the microphone during Q & A sessions
- Registering speakers and guests and ushering
- Manning the sales of festival merchandise
- Administering first aid where needed
- Any other tasks as assigned by staff and direct supervisors.
Each volunteer will be needed for a minimum of five days between August 22 and 28, 2016 for an average of ten hours a day, including lunch, dinner and refreshments breaks. Some specific tasks will be assigned and carried out before the festival. There will be compulsory training for all the successful volunteers. We will cover all expenses related to the tasks allocated to the volunteers.
To apply, email us a cover letter and CV (both as attachments) addressed to Mr. Kyomuhendo A. Ateenyi, at email@example.com between Friday May 13 and Tuesday May 31, 2016. We handle applications as they come in. DO NOT WAIT FOR THE DEADLINE.
For further inquiries, call us on +256-787-818-132 or +256-702-038-098 or check on us at our office at the Uganda Society Library, in the Uganda Museum Complex, on Kira Road, Kampala, Uganda.
One thought on “Call for #WRITIVISM2016 Festival Volunteers (CLOSED)”
Comments are closed.