November 9, 2020
The Writivism Literary Initiative, established as a programme of the Center for African Cultural Excellence (CACE) in 2012, is pleased to announce a 4 month Interlude programme starting November, 2020. The Writivism programme has been on hiatus since September 30, 2019.
Between November 2020 and March 2021, the Writivism Literary Initiative under the Interlude programme will:
1. Release the UnBreakable Bonds anthology with a new introduction and afterword,
2. Publish three annual prize anthologies originally slated for release in 2017, 2018 and 2019, respectively,
3. Host online conversations with previous prize winners, shortlisters and select contributors to the anthologies via Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and other platforms,
4. Curate an online photography exhibition covering 7 previous Writivism festivals and featuring photographer contributors to the UnBreakable Bonds anthology,
5. Produce the remainder of Season 1 of its literary podcast,Launch a new season of the podcast featuring prize-winning fiction and creative nonfiction, and
6. Conduct consultations with the programme alumni on future activities.
Writivism Interlude programming will provide a bridge between the first phase of the Writivism programming (2012 – 2019) and the future programme, starting 2021.
Writivism Interlude programming is supported by an ANT Mobility Grant from Pro Helvetia Johannesburg financed by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC).